On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:27:11 +0200
Weiers Coetser disseminated the following:

> Interesting... I am still not sure if I am totally satisfied.
>
> I've been able to set the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen to be linked
> to specific desktops, but I am wondering about the icons on the desktop
> itself.
>
> Could I place icons or shortcuts on one desktop without them being visible
> on others?
>
> Thanks for all the good information.

AFAIK, this is not 'doable' in KDE, however, if you had the itch to try
something a little different, there is a project called Fluxspace:

http://fluxspace.sourceforge.net/

It allows you to to set per-desktop configs for icons, wallpapers, dockapps,
applets, etc. It works with Fluxbox mostly, but I know I also had it working
under Waimea, so it should work with any Flux-like WM.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046