Hello,
All my computer is in FAT32... was not able to use NTFS file system to create a partition for linux.
Here what I get:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rhein]# ls -ld /mnt/win_c
drwxrwxrwx 10 root root 8192 déc 31 1969 /mnt/win_c/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rhein]#

Is it ok or not?
Bye
Christophe

anton wrote:

You can use Konq to go to /mnt/win_c/, right-click on it, pick properties, permissions to see if it did what you want. It should have.

$ls -ld /mnt/win_c

will tell you the permissions on a folder. The reason you don't have write access is almost certainly because the win_c partition is NTFS, which does not have native linux support. You can get support for writing to NTFS, and some claim it is safe, but I would not trust them! FAT32 is ok for writing to in 'nix but not NTFS.
HTH
Cheers
Anton
-=-=-
... Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.