On 03/03/2004 11:51 PM, rhein wrote:

Hello,
All my computer is in FAT32... was not able to use NTFS file system to create a partition for linux.
Here what I get:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rhein]# ls -ld /mnt/win_c
drwxrwxrwx 10 root root 8192 déc 31 1969 /mnt/win_c/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rhein]#

Is it ok or not?

This looks okay for the user to write to the root directory of /mnt/win_c

If you want everyone to be able to write everywhere, you should better add ',user' to the mount-line in /etc/fstab. (At least that is what I think is needed.)

I found this on http://linuxquestions.org/questions/history/135532:

<quote>

you need to make sure that the mount point is correctly defined in your fstab.

Should be something similar to:

/dev/hdax /mnt/somewhere vfat auto,user,umask=0000 0 0

the umask is the key part.

<end quote>

Paul

--
Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?

http://www.nlpagan.net - Linux Mandrake - Thunderbird 0.5