jimmy wrote:
I just installed Mandrake 9.2 but cannot write on my
windows partition which is NTFS. So I thought I need
to remount it in read-write mode and I did it. But I
still cannot write on that partition, though it shows
that it is 'rw' when I do mount -l

google is your friend. It can be done but is really not recommended. M$ don't like sharing you see... It has to be set up special though, so you will have to piss around if you want it. Best not to write to a partition that has an OS on it anyway (from another OS) - set up a share with FAT32 that is no probs for linux and Windoze.
Cheers
Anton
-=-=-
... After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
after all, as "wanting." It is not logical, but it is often true.
-- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7