Thank you Anton.
But the partition on which I want to write from linux
doesn't have any OS on it, just it is formatted in
NTFS. It is actually my data drive. And as it doesn't
have any OS on it mandrake mounts it in 'rw' mode
automatically everytime unlike XP and 2000 partitions
which are mounted in read only mode.
But I don't know why can't I still write on that
partition. Do I have to convert it to FAT32?

Thank you again.
:)
-jimmy

--- anton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jimmy wrote:
> > I just installed Mandrake 9.2 but cannot write on
> my
> > windows partition which is NTFS. So I thought I
> need
> > to remount it in read-write mode and I did it. But
> > still cannot write on that partition, though it
> shows
> > that it is 'rw' when I do mount -l
> >

> google is your friend. It can be done but is really
> not recommended. M$
> don't like sharing you see... It has to be set up
> special though, so you
> will have to piss around if you want it. Best not to
> write to a
> partition that has an OS on it anyway (from another
> OS) - set up a share
> with FAT32 that is no probs for linux and Windoze.
> Cheers
> Anton
> -=-=-
> ... After a time, you may find that "having" is not
> so pleasing a thing,
> after all, as "wanting."  It is not logical, but it
> is often true.
>               -- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?