On Thursday 04 March 2004 10:28, jimmy wrote:
> ./wlanup: line 72: /sbin/iwpriv: No such file or
> directory

You need to install "iwpriv"!;)
BTW you don't need to add the option "infra" as it's already specified in the
wlanup script. You might want to change that to "ad-hoc" if there's no access
point available but you want to connect to another box that is also
configured ad-hoc.

Look for the package with the software installer using "iwpriv" as a search in
"files and descriptions". I'm not to sure any more in which package it was
included but I suspect "wireless-tools".

Frankly I tried the same procedure for a RTL8180ver2 card but it wouldn't work
properly on my system . Even building my module from source and using that
instead of the RH one didn't working nicely, so YMMV.

Using the linuxant driver-wrapper was a much better/easier option.
There's more on the twiki (the first place to look;))down below -> look for
Hardware, network devices....

Good luck,
HarM

--