Le Vendredi 5 Mars 2004 11:48, hugenots a écrit :
> Haiz newbie,
>
>   how can I take ones HDD and add it to other machine and make it
>   accessible without any lost of data.
>
>   proble is that I have to copy large amount of data
>   (more than 60 GB) :(  I love movies ;)
>   form one PC to another.
>   over LAN it can get to tiresome...

I'd be lazy and copy it over a network connection :-)
Try out some quick arithmetic, taking my own installation as an example:

I can copy over the network at, say, 10MB/s, so we're looking at well under 2
hours to copy your 60 GBs.

If I plug the HD into my machine, my HD data transfer peaks at 40Mb/s, so say
1/2hr to copy... but count the time needed:
        - to remove the PC case and plug in the correct cables.
        - boot up, set up and check the new hardware in Mandrake.
        - then to remove the HD at the end and re-install the case.

Try running the calculations yourself, and be lazy ;-)

Richard