Le Samedi 6 Mars 2004 01:42, rhein a écrit :
> Hello,
> I used fro the first time my cd burner with K3b.
> I created a backup cd-rw with different files.
> I wanted to erase a directory on the cd-rw, no permission... Then I
> thought it was a permission problem and  I did this in a prompt:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] rhein]# chmod 777 /mnt/cdrom
> chmod: changing permissions of `/mnt/cdrom': Read-only file system
>
> How can I get all the files to be read by the user and the root?
> Thanks for your help
> Christophe

Hi,

The CD you have created can be read by anyone - not just by root. However, it
is read-only and cannot be changed, except by Cd burning tools such as k3b.

If you want to 'erase' anything from the CD-RW, you have to go back into k3b
and add a new session to the CD-RW.
When you add a new session, you define a new directory tree for the CD-RW...
and you can remove any references to a folder that you burnt earlier.
The CD-RW then appears to have lost that folder. It is still there, but is no
longer visible.

HTH,

Richard

PS I nearly forgot... if you want to add files to a CD (or CD-rw), make sure
that you use the 'multi-session' option in k3b.