On Friday 05 March 2004 04:44 pm, richard barran wrote:

> Once you have burnt a file to CD, it cannot be modified or erased.
> However, you can open the file from the CD, modify it, save it to your hard
> drive, then start k3b and burn the modified file to the same CD...
> you end up with 2 copies of the same file on the CD, but only the most
> recent one appears in the CD directory listing.

Well, the subject title says "Using CD-RW" which implies rewriteable CD media.
So, you can erase the disk, rewrite the file back again, you just need to
completely transfer all files to the hd, erase and then rewrite.

However, I was not really referring to rewriting, I was saying that if you
create a multi-session CD that has 200MB worth of files on it with the CD not
finalized so that you can create additional sessions, some CD-ROM drives can
not read the format.  They are expecting a completed TOC that is only really
created when you "finalize" the media after all sessions have been completed.

Just an FYI for him to keep in mind in case he was planning on using the disk
in the meantime.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer