Derek Jennings wrote:

On Sunday 07 Mar 2004 10:02, Klemens Arro wrote:
SNIP

REDIRECT loc 3128 tcp www -

Did you remove this line Klemens?

Because that line definitely *will* interfere with browsing.
It intercepts all requests on port 80 and hands them to a Squid proxy server.

(Don't forget to restart shorewall after any change)

Yes, my internal ethernet subnet is 192.168.0.0.
I configured windows but it didn't help, I even allowed pinging (from
MCC) but i still can't ping my box.
And "dhcpd" daemon is running and is configured (with DHCP configuration
wizard).
I liked to get it work like mdk 9.x had (DHCP auto configuring windows).

Actually whole MCC firewall and internet connecting is weird: first
button "Internet connection" is always empty, even if i fill there
something and I click "ok", next time it is empty again. second button
"manage connection" don't show my Internet access (ppp+). third, always
after changing firewall rules it asks me my Internet connection (there
is written, if adsl, put ppp+) but there is list only (i can't change
it) and no ppp+, only eth0 and eth1 (so I have used always eth0, this is
connected to ADSL modem).

The shorewall configuration GUI in Mandrake sucks. That is why so many people dislike shorewall. You are much better off configuring shorewall directly in the text files. (Or using the webmin module)

Flash of inspiration!!
--------------------------
Rereading the above paragraph gives me an idea. You are using ppp over ethernet yes? Here in the UK we use ppp over atm so I have no personal experience with pppoe, but my understanding is that a ppp connection is made, and then an ethernet connection runs over the top of that, and you make your connection to the ethernet. Yes? In that case your /etc/shorewall/interfaces file should show eth0 as 'net' and eth1 as 'loc' , and your masq file should reference eth0.
Perhaps someone who uses pppoe could comment on that.

(Sorry about my bad English skills ;))

Your English is just fine. (Where is domain .ee ? )

derek

Thanks a lot, but I didn't get it to work. I didn't have time to wait, so I installed Mandrake 9.2 back :(
When I have more time I'll tray again.

And domain .ee is from Estonia (south from Finland, very small country)

--
Klemens Arro

My software never has bugs; it just develops random features.

Registered Linux User#: 346118
ICQ#: 179198850