I just tried to save something to my floppy drive for the first time since
I reinstalled 6.1 and when I try to mount it I get the message:

mount: /dev/fd0 already mounted or /mnt/floppy busy

I'm pretty sure that fd0 isn't mounted. Catting /proc/mounts yields:

/dev/root / ext2 rw 0 0
/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda5 /home/vanbalen/vmware ext2 rw 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
localhost:(pid421) /net nfs
rw,rsize=1024,wsize=1024,acregmin=0,acregmax=0,acdir
min=0,acdirmax=0,noac,addr=pid421@localhost:/net 0 0
/dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrw iso9660 ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev 0 0

and running df on /mnt/floppy yields:

/dev/hdb5              20G  2.0G   17G  11% /

So unless fd0 is mounted somewhere else (which /proc/mounts suggests it's
not), I have no idea what the problem is.
My entry in fstab also looks fine (I haven't changed the default):

/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev,unhide 0 0

Any help would be appreciated. I need to be able to use my floppy kind of
urgently.

DvB