My apologies if this question eventually shows up twice on the list, but
my prior post of about 12 hours ago seems to have evaporated somewhere
en route ...

I've been using the btdownloadcurses.py method of /slowly/ downloading
the members' community edition, and wanted to download a gui client for
easier control of the various parameters.

Okay, so I tried switching from the btdownloadcurses interface to an
install of the bittorrent-shadows client (version 5.8.3.), which gave me
a "cannot listen" error upon its finishing checking the
already-downloaded portion of the file.

Fine.  On the web, it seems that others had reported similar error
messages, and the advice was to upgrade to 5.8.7, which I downloaded.
Upon beginning install, though, I get the following message:

        The following packages have to be removed for others to be
        upgraded: kdelibs-common-3.1.3-35.1.92mdk.i586 (due to
        conflicts with bittorrent-shadowsclient-5.8.7-1mdk.noarch)
        do you agree ?

Call me paranoid, perhaps, but that package its suggesting for removal
sounds a little important to this near-complete newbie?  So, I've not
gone any further.  (running 9.2)

Can anyone either confirm my suspicion or put my fears to rest?

Secondly, can anyone assure me that working in Linux /does/ actually get
to be less painful with time?  :-)  Seriously, this has been the most
frustrating month I can remember in many years of working with
computers, and I'm beginning to think that this old dog can't learn
these new tricks ... this is a major hassle getting anything to work
properly.

TIA

--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN
Registered Linux User #346519