On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:14:28 +0000
Keith Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 Mar 2004 7:42 pm, Floyd Hagen wrote:
> > You really don't need an RPM for it. It's got its own installation script.
> > Grab the tarball, and there's a README file in there with clear directions.
> > If you want an icon or entry for it in your menu, you'll have to add it
> > yourself, but that's easy enough.
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2004, Keith Powell wrote:
> > > I would like to try Mozilla-Thunderbird and have found a Mandrake RPM for
> > > it on Rediris, which I have downloaded. I hope it's not a Spanish version
> > > :-( It's the only one I can find. There's nothing in the usual
> > > repositories.
>
> Hello Floyd.
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply and the information.
>
> Derek has told me where to get the Mandrake .rpm from. As I prefer to install
> from an .rpm rather than from a tarball, I have used his solution. I have so
> many problems with tarballs, that I keep clear of them as much as possible!
> However, your tarball suggestion is useful to have in reserve.
>
> Cheers
>
> Keith

The tarball version of Mozilla Thunderbird does not need compiling. You
untar it, and it's already ready to go. Untar, run. That simple.

John

--
Mon Mar  8 13:10:15 CST 2004

Zhizn' prozhit'--ne pole pereiti.
        [Life's a bitch.]
        [Well, okay.  lit., to live through life is not as simple as crossing
         a field.  Happy now?]
                -- Russian proverb