On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Patrick Putteman wrote:

> So was mine, time changed automagically to my happy surprise ;o)
>
> > On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> > > Good Morning newbie-list,
> > >  Just as a reminder, in order to display the correct time on your linux
> > > system, if the cmd: date shows you the correct time you can simply run
> > > the cmd: clock -w to correctly set your hardware clock.
> > >
> > Interestingly enough, my system WAS up and running during the time
> > change, BUT, it shows the correct system time. :-) I didn't have to
> > change a thing. :-)

In KDE, right?  Your kernel time may be unchanged.  Type

date

in a terminal and see what you get. If you don't like what you see,
the following command will set the kernel time:

date -s hh:mm:ss

Then,

clock -w

will set the CMOS time to the kernel time.

/b
Barry Marler
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
University of Georgia
(706)542-0742
(706)542-0059 (fax)