-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of David M. Kufta
Sent: October 31, 1999 5:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Time settings !

Good Morning newbie-list,
 Just as a reminder, in order to display the correct time on your linux
system, if the cmd: date shows you the correct time you can simply run
the cmd: clock -w to correctly set your hardware clock.

The above would only occur if your system was left up and running during
the time change.
        if date displayed is not correct follow the below instruction to
correctly set it.
  Should it be necessary you can use the date command to
correctly set you date and time.
        example: date 10310930
This will produce Sun Oct 31 09:30:00 EST 1999
when you use the cmd: date if this time is now correct simply use the
cmd:
clock -w to set you hardware clock

 Alternative to this is to reboot the system enter cmos setup and  set
the correct time in cmos.

        Simply a reminder,
                Dave

-
      David M. Kufta   http://www.slip.n3meq.ampr.org  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:
                while (memory_available)        {
                        eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
                        if (feel_like_it)
                                make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
                        gates_bank_balance++;
                }