On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:44:27 +0000, John Richard Smith wrote

> Just as a matter of interest why would  acpi=no or for that matter,
>  any acpi= command affect the sound from VT8233 onboard sound chip ?

I have no idea what so ever.  I do know that prior to this, the audio
playback would continually repeat segments making the whole sample sound
like a stadium echo.  I can only speculate that acpi had some effect on how
the audio card buffers are managed/interupted.

Scott

--
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!
(http://www.littlefish.ca)