On Wednesday 10 March 2004 05:48 pm, Chuck Mattsen wrote:
> I have a feeling this is one of those things that ain't jes' me (a
> rarity, indeed) ... when I try to perform an update via the Mandrake
> Control Center, no matter which mirror I try I get:
>      "Retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0"
>
> Is this one of those "wait and it'll get fixed" things, or need I do
> something different since upgrading to 10?  TIA
>
> I get a little lost at the command line still, which, I suspect, may be
> what I will need to do.
Well unless you have cooker sources set for update you won't find any updates
yet. If you do have cooker sources for updates you might want to find a
different mirror or try doing "rpm --rebuilddb && updatedb" from the su
command line. Also sometimes "urpmi.update -a"  will get things set right.
HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842