Lee Wiggers wrote:

I'm using an old Microsoft Intellieye wheelmouse with a usb adapter
on mine.  Had probs with 9.2 but shutdown is perfect with 10.

Any way I can help?

Lee

Thanks Lee! That was all the motivation I needed! I decided to write down the exact information that was showing on the shutdown screen, and in the process I found out it was hotplug that was causing the problem! Hotplug has now been terminated, and deleted, so all is well at this point.

Only problem that I'm now facing is that KMail is trying to check "localhost" when checking for new email, even though I didn't set anything up for localhost. I have 3 email accounts on this laptop, and all of them are working fine, but KMail checks localhost before checking the other 3, and returns an error - "Could not connect to host "localhost" .

I've been through al the settings, and in fact the error is presented by Kontact and not KMail -at least that's what it says in the title bar of the error message. HMmm, wonder if Kontact is trying to find a News Server ( which I never subscribe to ), and using localhost as the default?

Lanman