On Sunday 14 March 2004 05:42 am, Lanman wrote:
> Has anyone run into the problem of a normal shutdown or reboot
> being stopped when the system is disconnecting a USB device? On
> Mandrake 10.0 Community and RC1 versions, I've been having this
> problem with my Logitech USB Optical mouse. The only way to
> finish the shutdown or reboot is to power off my laptop, and
> this is less than ideal. Any ideas?
>
> Lanman

     Some have reported this. Search the cooker ML archive or
bugzilla  http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/   I don't remember a
work-around tho.  I don't have the problem.

   IIRC, updates fixed the problem for many. You probly should
install a cooker main source and update anyway, as nothin but
bugfixes are going into cooker ATM.  This will be the case til
10.0 is declared 'Official'.

   FWIW, you could also use stable/, but this is just symlinked to
cooker/    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerdevel.php3
Northern European mirrors are the best.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American