On Tuesday 16 March 2004 03:11 am, Paranoid wrote:
> I am just installing mandrake 9 on my server. My server have been running
> win 2k server before so all my harddisk is in ntfs and i still want to be
> able to use them in my workstations that stop windows. But what do i do to
> get ntfs support on my linux server.

Linux cannot run off of an NTFS disk and an ntfs data partition should be
mounted read only for now because of the potential to corrupt data.

You can convert the disk to a linux native format like reiserfs or ext3 during
install and then create your shares using samba.  The workstation doesn't
care what format the disk is because the system presents a windows share to
the network via samba, which all windows boxes can interface with.  As long
as the server OS can read the filesystem, it will work.
--
/g