On Tuesday 16 March 2004 17:30, Charlie M. wrote:
> You won't lose everything HarM. The application does a "/tmp mount" (the
> "r" switch for recursive means all and sub directories in the source and
> target) of the images in order to do the sync. If rsync or the connection
> crashes whatever has already been written is still there, so it isn't as
> though you start over if that happens.

It just did........I started rsync with the --delete flag than stopped it
after a while (using ctrl-c)......leaves an empty directory. No hidden or
partial files, nothing!
There was a partial file while rsync was running though.
No harm done except some wasted bandwidth, I used copies;)

I agree about the clean tree though...hadn't thought about files completely
being removed or renamed. I should've as I've stumbled across the same
problems with discrepancies between the hdlists and available RPM's, using
rsync for the updates.

Always a joy sharing a thought or two with you,
thanks,
harM
--
Registered Linux User #197998