On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:13:49 +0000
martin brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quoting "J.I. Evers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Sorry about the typo.
I assume you are trying to change back to 1024x768 using MCC?
If so, it seems that it will rewrite the XF86Config-4 file back to the way it thinks
is best.

It is possible that you don't have the 1024x768 mode in your XF86Config-4.  If you
don't, put it in and see what happens when you restart X.

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth 16
        #Virtual 1024 768
        Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubsection

I think this may have been mentioned earlier, but you can use
Ctl+Alt+Keypad+/- to cycle through the different modes, so if for some reason you
start in 800x600 you can change to 1024x768.

If that doesn't work, then there might be a driver problem or something that is beyond
me and it doesn't take very much to get beyond me.

--
Job Evers