On Thursday 18 Mar 2004 10:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been reading around the Internet about these errors I've been getting
> while using urpmi, and the general feeling is that it's a bug in Mandrake
> 9.2. Anyway, I'd just like to clarify this before I do anything stupid...
>
> Basically, I've installed MDK 9.2 from the discs one and two, right after
> that I've done a 'urpmi.removemedia -a' and then updated it so urpmi
> update, contrib, etc looks to new ftp mirrors on the web.
>
> I get something like this:
>
> ---
>
> $ urpmi sylpheed
> blah blah... you must install these extra packages... blah blah...
>
> medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file: > mirror is probably not
> up-to-date, trying to use alternate method
>
> the following packages have bad signitures... blah blah... Missing
> signature (sha1 md5 OK)
> Do you want to continue installation? (Y/n)
>
> ---
>
> If I do 'y', the packages install and there seems to be no problem. If
> that's the case and there is no problem with doing this, is there any way
> to stop it from giving me this warning each time I want to install
> something?
>
> Thanks.

You can get rid of the "invalid list file:" warning if you remove the
file /var/lib/urpmi/list.contrib

then edit your /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg
and remove the line: "list: list.contrib" for your contrib source...

As for the "bad signature" warning check that your contrib source has a GPG
key associated with it in the Software Sources GUI in Mandrake Control
Centre.

BTW: If you want sylpheed you might like to try Charles Edwards' version. It
is newer than the one in contrib http://www.eslrahc.com/ It can be set up as
a urpmi source. (Good job Charles)

derek
--