On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:43:00 +0000
Kaj Haulrich disseminated the following:

> Before wednesday, you'll find the headlines going like this :
>
> "The EU Commission and Microsoft settles : Microsoft allows certain
> non-Microsoft software into consumer PC's. Microsoft admits
> misconduct and pays a 10.000 ___ fine".

...there's always hope :-)

But ya, I don't think any legal institution is going to drive a stake through
the heart of MS, it's going to play out more like a dinosaur thing, MS will just
eventually become irrelevant. They're hemmhoraging in the enterprise/server
market to open source alternatives, and the desktop isn't more than a few years
away, even according to the most cynical observers. The SCO thing isn't going to
work, the FUD isn't working anymore at all, they are _doomed_.

Information (and software) will be free because it has to be, not because some
bunch of bureaucrats and lawyers say so, all due respect to the efforts of the
EFF.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046