Fajar Priyanto wrote:

On Thursday 18 March 2004 11:21 am, Troy Thomas Hall wrote:

>WOW!! I love it!  I want one too!!  But this brings up a question.  how
>can you "have linux on XP"?  I just installed XP and then Installed 10
>and it works great, but of course I have the grub loader when I first
>boot.  Should I have installed from XP instead of from boot?  Is there
>an advantage/disadvantage to doing either?

Hi Troy,
What do you mean by installing from XP instead of from boot?
All we have to do is to download a program called Bootloader (read my previous
email), and download the logon images we want to. That's all.
Boy, there are many great logon images out there. I just can't have enought.

HI

Let me explain how "I" installed everything. Don't know if its necessarily the right way but it worked.
I installed xp in 2 partitions.. one for the OS and one for data. The OS partition is NTFS & the data is FAT32. I left the 3rd partition blank for MDK. then I put the mandrake cd in and it opened a box to install... I closed that and rebooted.
when the partition section came up, I put /boot & /swap into the small 329M partition that I had left at the front of the drive, and then after windows put linux. Did the install and choose GRUB for the boot system. It worked perfectly.

Then last night after I got your email, I went to TQDN and downloaded the logon menu, ran "riddler" and *POOF* life is good :D
I didn't know what installing linux from the xp partition would do, thats why I closed the box and just rebooted into the mdk cd.

--
Troy T. Hall
Registered Linux User #342150