On Thursday 18 March 2004 10:48 pm, Matthew Harrison wrote:
->Ok, I recently took my laptop to 100% Linux for the OS, and I do run
->Windows, but I run it the way it should be...with the ability to
->minimize it when it gets in the way (via Win4Lin).  My problem is that
->when I tell KDE to power off my computer, it gets through the shutdown
->screen and the screen will go black, but the computer won't turn off.  I
->have to hold the power button down to get it to completely shut off.  Is
->there possibly a setting that could need tweaking?  Oh, I am running 9.2
->btw.
->
->-Matt

Matt, had the same problem here with my Dell Inspiron 1100, but after I
enabled ACPI, it does shutdown now. This is with Mandrake v9.2...

HTHs!

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord