Anne:
You raise a good point. Back when I lived in Dilbert's world, I learned that even moving documents from one installation of MS Office to another -- even within the same version -- is not as simple as the MS advertisements might lead you to believe. We would get templates from A Higher Level that required some fudging so that they would print in the proscribed format. The usual culprit was that the originator had either diddled his printer settings, or was using a printer that had capabilities that were not available to us.

It was worse, of course, when the template was created using a newer version of Word/Excel/Whatever than we had, since going from new --> old --> new is never bullet proof.

Yip that's right, I have had big differences between word 97-2000-xp. not worth the bytes its written on.;-)
cheers
Anton
-=-=-
... "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire