----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:38:40 +0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Modem Woes-Problem solved

> On Friday 19 March 2004 09:59, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > and documentation can be had by Googling and searching.
>
> But only if your modem works :-)
>
> Anne
I am using an HCF Data Fax winmodem here, and have
been since 8.2 with Linuxant drivers. They do charge
for the driver now, which is distasteful to some, but,
this modem/driver does perform very well. Perhaps better than it does under MS. It's
painless to install
via rpm, tar, or is easily compiled from src, if need
be.

Just want to confirm that some winmodems can also
function perfectly well as linmodems. Nothing against
external hardware though. ;-)

Regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.2~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~