Hi all!

When I go home tonight I'm planning on upgrading my laptop from 9.2 to
10.  I've never been through this process so any advice would be
appreciated.

I have a relatively simple configuration: Linux is the only OS on my
laptop and I have a single HD partitioned into /, sv (swap), and /home
partitions. These partitions are 5, .5, and 10 gig is size respectively.
Unless its necessary I don't have any desire to change the sizes. I've
downloaded the 3 10.0 ISO images and was planning on booting from the
first CD to do the upgrade.

What I don't know is how an upgrade will affect my / and /home
partitions. For the most part I have apps installed on the / partition
and data installed on the /home partition.  I'd like to keep some apps
on the / partition if possible but if I can't its no big deal.

Thanks in advance!
Brandon