On Tuesday 23 Mar 2004 12:05, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> I have some programs XMMS, kmail, & konqueror that apparantly have some
> bad config files.  I have reinstalled them but they are still not good.
> How can I reinstall and clear everything assosciated with that file from
> the computer or at least overwrite everything.
>
> Regards;
> Hoyt
The config files are kept in hidden files/folders in your /home
Just set konq to show hidden files and you will be able to find them.

Another useful tool is slocate and kio_locate.  (kio_locate is in the contrib
mirror)
Install those packages  (install anacron too) and then run updatedb as root.
You can then find any file on your computer to do with those apps.
For example from the command line use 'slocate xmms'
From konqueror enter  locate://xmms/  in the url line

A cron job will run daily to reindex the locate database (that is why anacron
is required)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net