On Thursday 25 Mar 2004 00:58, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
SNIP

> Thanks for the attempt but I tried to get rid of an especially ugly font
> A.D.MONO and that operation created a fault  in boot.  Since I couldn't
> fix it I had to reinstall (6 times) but things are all better now.

Its a bit late now, but I can offer some advice about AD MONO
Whenever a font is displayed as AD MONO, then it is simply because the
requested font can not be found or used, and AD MONO is used in its place
simply because it is the first in the font list alphabetically.  You could
delete it, but then the next font in the list will be used in its place which
is Actionis which is even more hideous.
The solution is to make sure you have selected fonts which are available.
Enabling/disbling anti-aliasing also makes a difference.
I am not sure why, but this sort of problem is a *lot* less common than it was
in previous releases.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net