I had pretty much the same thing happen with my cable modem setup.  The problem
was caused by IRQ conflicts. Something odd with the Intel cards I used?  It
sounds weird, but try simply switching the slots for the ethernet cards.  Put
eth0 where eth1 is, and vice-versa.  This worked for me.  Don't really know
why....

Bryan

James Mellema <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/01/99 08:11:14 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]