On Thursday 25 Mar 2004 10:31, bmobile40 wrote:
>  I've been trying to install mandrake10 for about a week now.
> I keep getting a boot failure when I try to boot from cd1. I've
> re-downloaded the iso image from 4 different locations and i still get
> the same error. I've tried boot the machine off of my fedora core 1 cd1,
> and don't have any problems, so I know my cd drive is working.
>   Anyone else having this problem. It seems really odd that you'd get
> the same error with an iso downloaded from different locations.
>
> Jim

What sort of boot failure?
If it does not recognise the disc is bootable, then you should look at how you
are burning the CD. It has to be burned as an iso image. If when you browse
the CD you see only 1 huge file, then it has not been burned correctly.

If however it barfs a short way into booting saying it cannot see the CD, then
that is a known problem with some CD drives. The solution is to boot from CD2
and switch back to 1 when prompted.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net