On 03/26/2004 06:32 PM, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

Last time I plugged a Ricoh camera into my system, it was just removable
storage - used kdf to mount it, snagged the pictures, unmounted it.
Heaps easier than yanking out the card and sticking it into a reader and
then going through all the rigmarole.

I tried that. kdf does not recognise the camera.

Yanking out the card and sticking it in a reader is easier for me than what I have to do now:
Fire up an old PII-400, wait til it loads win98, run the Ricoh software, pull the pictures from the camera to a samba share and shut down the old PC again...

Paul

--
Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly.
- Voltaire

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.htm