On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:13:58 -0500
Dan Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All of a sudden my monitor goes in to sleep or suspended mode, I have
> turned this off in kde, gnome, xscreensaver, the bios, looked in mcc
> and

This started a few months ago with my 6 yr old Nokia 447W monitor. I
could not keep it from happening, and came to the conclusion it was a
hardware problem, especially since getting it to come back was extremely
difficult. It would go off during the most inopportune times, like in
the middle of typing an email :(.

I ended up "solving" the problem by getting a used monitor (a 17" NEC)
for $50 ;).