Under Windows, I can run cygwin and create a X session running in a single window,
inside which I can run gnome-session on a remote Linux.  I like that usage model.  I
know about and have used vnc, but I prefer do the remote X thing.  Is it possible to
do the same thing while running gnome on my local Linux system?  I tried simply ssh -X
-l into a remote box and simply firing up gnome-session, and gnome actually came up,
but it got upset that I was already running a window manager, and got totally confused
since I had two panels.  I had to exit X completely to get it reset.

I haven't found a way to confine a remote gnome-session to a single window under
Linux.  Appreciate any pointers.

--
Guy Rouillier