On Friday 02 April 2004 15:44, Bryan Phinney wrote:

> Last, I would take with several grains of salt, anything that any of the
> analyst companies put out regarding Linux and Microsoft products.  We have
> seen several get bought and steer "studies" in the direction that MS wants
> as well as refusing to release raw data.  These aren't exactly scientific
> studies that are being done, it is very easy to steer the results to reach
> conclusions that you want or at the least, to mediate bad results.  I note
> that there aren't any Linux marketing funds, nor R&D budgets, nor companies
> anxious to pay for information recommending Open Source products.

I was thinking this analyst company sounded familiar and then it occurred to
me that Forrester Research is the company who changed its policy about
sponsored research studies when they got caught last year, right?

http://www.linux.org/news/2003/10/07/0004.html

--
15:55:06 up 23:52, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Community) for i586,
kernel 2.6.3-7mdk

Nietzsche is pietzsche, but Schiller is killer, and Goethe is moethe.