Drew Martin wrote:
On Saturday 03 Apr 2004 12:07 pm, Lanman wrote:

Drew Martin wrote:

Hi All,
       I'm having problems booting into KDE 3.1.When I try to log on it
gets to stage 3 of the log on and stops.I then get the error message
"nspluginscan has crashed and caused the signal 11(SIGSEGV)"
     I can still log into Gnome and Xfce4,but I then have to kill
nspluginscan,from KDE System Guard or I get the same error message.I have
good idea what is the problem.I have KDE set up to look for new plugin's
on log on.
   How do I turn this off,so I can log on into KDE?I need to this
because I am trying to wean the wife and kids away from Windows,and they
find KDE the easeist to use at the moment.
   Thank you for any help in advance.
                                              Cheers,
                                                           Drew.
                                                                 PS
                                                                    MKD
9.2.

Drew; have a look at "kcontrol" . You'll need to check under "Web Browsing" > Plugins, and you shoudl find what you need there. Be advised that you'll have to repeat the procedure for each user, as well as root. You also might want to see if you can delete "nsplugins" completely from the system and install a fresh copy, since yours seems to be a bit buggy.

A "signal 11(SIGSEGV)" can be caused by a lot of different problems, but
quite often it's caused by a broken package or Ram. Let's hope it's just
the package. BTW, have you considered upgrading to KDE 3.2 yet? That
might solve some of your problems as well.

Lanman

Thanks,
Thats sorted it out,I have turned off Scan on Log On,while sort the the plugins out.
I was looking at installing 3.2,but it was going to take forever to download even with broadband.I'm going to wait until 10.0 Final is released and install that.
Drew

Kewl. Glad I was able to help.

Lanman