On Sunday 04 April 2004 05:37 am, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:29:28 -0500
>
> Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That's probably just par or par2 (see
> > http://parchive.sourceforge.net/)
> > I don't know about guis cause I just use em on CL, too.
>
> I found par2, and I also have unrar, but what to do in a
> situation where I have all the *.partNN.rar files - like from
> part01.rar to part59.rar, but no main.rar file? I have pars,
> but doing par2 r <something.par2> just goes through all the
> files I have and then displays "no repair is necessary".
> Meanwhile, I still don't have the main rar file, and rar won't
> extract anything.
>
> What to do, other than wait for someone more experienced to
> post the file and do this all over again?

       In the directory you have all the .rar's in run

    'unrar e filename.part01.rar'    Rar will start with the first
one and then consequetively extract all the rest.  If you're not
missing any parts.

       Another way is to use file-roller. It looks for 'rar' tho.
So first you must rename, copy, or link /usr/bin/unrar
to /usr/bin/rar.  Then just click on part01.rar in a file manager
and file-roller will start.  Then choose Action | Extract (or
somethin like that) from the toolbar.

      I find it easier and quicker to use the CL.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American