On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 17:33, Jerry wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:12:42 -0600
> Chuck Mattsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > My messages sent over the past 24-36 hours have not made the list, as
> > far as I can tell, so this may not, either.  :-)  But, in case the mail
> > server eventually gets the enema it apparently needs, I should report
> > that the problem below has been solved.
> >
> > Not sure what caused the problem/change in the first place, but I needed
> > to go into the X Server settings within Mandrake Control Center and
> > reselect the proper hardware (Radeon), as well as enable 3D.  After a
> > log-off and log-on, all is well.

> where did you enable 3d?  I've been having a problem with mine as well.  I went into
> mcc / hardware / Graphical server and chose raedon but I didn't see where to enable
> 3d.  It seems to be working a little better but not quite up to snuff.  In 9.2 I
> could run the screensaver Atlantis, for example, quite smoothly.  On 10 it is kind
> of choppy and flashes.

When I said I enabled it, I didn't mean I made it work well.  :-)
Somehow, the settings had defaulted to the plain Radeon selection, and I
needed to select one of the settings below that one, and in the process
enabled 3D, which had been totally disabled (why, I don't know) for some
reason.  3D on this laptop is slow at best, but without it "enabled"
there's nothing at all.

As to how to "tweak" it to perform well, I've not taken a look at that
yet.

At the moment, I'm struggling with getting things straightened out after
the latest round of cooker updates, in which KDE went to 3.2.1. and
Gnome went up a version, etc., so much to get resorted out.  :-)

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com
Chuck Mattsen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / RLU #346519
Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Cooker) for i586 kernel 2.6.3-4mdk

A pessimist complains about the noise when opportunity knocks.