On Saturday 10 April 2004 07:40 am, Miark wrote:
->On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 07:05:07 +0700, Fajar wrote:
->
->> "Because you run Mandrake, you didn't invest the 20-30 minutes that most
->> Shorewall users do in learning about Shorewall during the installation
->> process."
->>
->> Boy, I hate this.
->
->Just point out that they're elitist-pig bastards who are impeding
->the progress and success of Linux. :-)
->
->Miark

I think its that same 'ole story here guys. I'm on the Shorewall mailing list.
I've only posted a few questions - when I was having trouble getting NFS to
work across my LAN but Tom Eastep was pretty nice about pointing out the FAQs
and stuff to me.

I -have- seen some pretty harsh messages there though. Not unlike here, I
might add. TBH, some seemed hard, yet others seem deserved. The usual post a
message, screaming for help, the world hates me, yet no pertinent info is
really given as to the problem. That kind of thingy.

If you're gonna use Shorewall (Mandrake or Toms version) then I'd highly
recommend that you visit their website and check out all the FAQs and
examples, joing the mailing list (lurk, lurk, lurk) before posting any msgs.

Its solid software, IMHO...Just my 2 cents worth. :-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord