Greetings, I am wondering why the file /var/log/kdm.log
isn't being rotated on my system? It seems to have been
left out of /etc/logrotate.conf or /etc/logrotate.d for
rotation. Why the oversight?

I have been watching it grow to 2MB, and finally just
deleted it and created a new one. It will continue to grow,
unless I tell logrotate to take care of it.
Question: Where should I specify that it be handled?
I see a section at the very end of /etc/logrotate.conf
where one can add system specific logs, and also in
/etc/logrotate.d/syslog there are lots of log files listed
for rotation. Where should I add an entry for this errant
kdm.log file??

TIA for any feedback on this.
Best regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.2~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~