Hi all

Up until recently my system has been running fine.

Then I had a power cut :(

Now.

I have two computers. 1 mandrake 9.1 and 1 winxp.

linux connected to dialup modem. winxp thru network to linux.

this is the situation after power cut.

XP cannot ping itself (127.0.0.1) and cannot ping linux.
linux cannot ping itself and cannot ping xp.

linux = 192.168.0.2
xp = 192.168.0.1

static ip

linux cannot see xp in linneighbourhood. linux cannot see itself in
linneighbourhood. linux cannot access any xp hard drives.

xp CAN see linux in windows explorer. but EXTREMELY slow exploring
xp can see itself in windows explorer.
xp CAN access linux hard drives.

and xp has no problems connecting to internet thru linux.

any ideas? any files i need to find and copy/paste to here?

TIA

Shaz