On Wednesday 21 April 2004 11:12, shaz wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Up until recently my system has been running fine.
>
> Then I had a power cut :(
>
> Now.
>
> I have two computers. 1 mandrake 9.1 and 1 winxp.
>
> linux connected to dialup modem. winxp thru network to linux.
>
> this is the situation after power cut.
>
> XP cannot ping itself (127.0.0.1) and cannot ping linux.
> linux cannot ping itself and cannot ping xp.
>
> linux = 192.168.0.2
> xp = 192.168.0.1
>
> static ip
>
> linux cannot see xp in linneighbourhood. linux cannot see itself in
> linneighbourhood. linux cannot access any xp hard drives.
>
> xp CAN see linux in windows explorer. but EXTREMELY slow exploring
> xp can see itself in windows explorer.
> xp CAN access linux hard drives.
>
> and xp has no problems connecting to internet thru linux.
>
> any ideas? any files i need to find and copy/paste to here?
>
> TIA
>
> Shaz

Sounds like your TCP/IP is corrupt. Try removing, rebooting and re-insatlling
the XP Network settings (Remove all protocols) then re-run DrakConnect to
reset the network settings on the LinuxBox.

I would switch the IP #s between them. IMHO, Linux should be 192.168.0.1...

Good Luck,

Amichai Rotman

The Jerusalem Linux Club - Founder.

UIN#: 6401746