On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 01:54:19PM -0500, mdk n00b wrote:
> how do i find my system tray icon / minimized apps ?  i see the launcher
> at the bottom that starts with a terminal.  no apps though.  i
> discovered ctrl-tab would work but i was hoping for something more
> functional than that.  also while i am able to change themes i cannot
> change the window "galaxy" window border.  also is the navigational menu
> supposed to be iconless ?  would also like to change the default web
> browser to Epiphany.  whatever is at the bottom if its iconbox or not
> does not hold my minimized apps.  seems a curious thing.  maybe i could
> switch to it.  just need to find out how it works..
>
> thank you

1. You hijacked a thread.
2. Please remove the "reply-to" setting in your MUA.
3. Have you read any of the XFce4 docs?

The system tray only works for apps that honor that system--I only know
of a few like Gaim and Liferea. The systray is *not* a taskbar or a
place for minimized apps (other than those I mentioned). It has to be
enabled on your panel--you know how to add/modify items on the panel,
right?

You can use xftaskbar or iconbox for everything else.

Change window settings through the settings manager > window manager >
decoration style and there are a ton to choose from. If you can't find
it maybe you didn't install the xfwm4-themes or styles.

I don't know what you mean by "navigational menu".

To change default browser, edit ~/.bashrc and add the line:
export BROWSER=your_fav_browser_here

HTH,
Todd