Travis Crook wrote:

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 10:58, John Richard Smith wrote:

SOUND with MD9.1 and the NVIDIA nForce2MCP2 southbridge chip
I ran, drakesound and chose the nvaudio sound driver,and,
ali5455 (ALI 5455 audio support) is what it did.

{SNIP}

Anyone with nvidia sound chipe and driver got any ideas how I might get mine to work.

John

Hi John, I'm running Mandrake 10.0CE and had initial problems with my nforce chipset (not the nforce2 chipset, don't know if there is a difference in getting audio to work). I set my driver to be nvaudio inside MCC and then ran alsaconf from the command line. It seems to be working across the board for me now (xmms, unreal tournament, etc.).

Hope that helps

It did and although I don't seem to have any alsaconf on my system,I do now have
sound,with
this settings,

MCC - Hardware-Harddrake -nForce2 audio codec interface

Bus identification : 10de.6a:1462:5700
location:            0:6:0
description          nFirce2 audio codec interface

module: i810_audio
module class: multimedia-audio

I had to unmute the 97-CD line in aumix

and my /etc/modules.conf looks like this,

alias sound-slot-0 nvidia
alias  /dev/nvidia*  nvidia
above snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm-oss

Which is just fine.

Now to configure my USB stuff, but that another day, it's late now.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]