On Saturday 24 Apr 2004 14:26, Todd Slater wrote:
> I'm trying to make my own livecd but I've got some embarassing gaps in
> my knowledge. I've never messed with my kernel, and Texstar recommends
> not using the default 9.2 kernel. So, I downloaded and installed the tmb
> kernel from contrib and installed via rpm -Uvh, edited lilo.conf to use
> the new kernel as default, and ran lilo. This seems to work when
> booting, we'll see if it transfers to the livecd as well. If I wanted to
> completely replace the old kernel with the new, is that an easy task?
>
> Finally, I'm building the livecd on a computer without a cd burner so I
> have to somehow get the iso to another computer. I've got a "network"--a
> dlink router--but I don't see any way to easily "see" the other
> computer. I could use scp, but I'm sure there's got to be an easier way.
> In my network and internet section of mcc (9.1) I've just got
> drakconnect, drakproxy, and drakgw. Should I have another package for
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

If you use KDE then 'fish' is a really convenient way of transferring files
around.
http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/kio_fish.html

(OK Joe we know what you think of KDE. In which case you can use gftp in much
the same way by selecting ssh protocol)

Good luck with the livecd  I was going to try it myself, so I woill be
interested to hear how you get on.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net