On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 21:06, JRH wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Until a week ago, Windows used to share my HDD alongside Linux.
>
> Then, last weekend, MS-DOS decided it was going to ruin my Linux install (with
> a little help from me inadvertently I guess!). I have tried to survive
> without a Windows partition, but In reality, I cant.
>
> I have loaded up 98 onto an old 2GB I have lying around, and have installed it
> in the box, as a slave drive.
>
> Now the fun bit. DiskDrake is seeing it, and calling it /dev/hdd1. When I set
> LiLo to boot from this, it doesent happen. Probably because the drive isnt
> mounted at this point??
>
> Any Ideas how I can configure the boot loader to pick it up, and boot into
> Windows from this drive?
>
> I flatly refuse to let Linux and Windows co-exist on the same drive anymore!!
> (if I could find Linux versions of the software I got, I would forget it
> totally!).
>
> JRH

After you edited the /etc/lilo.conf - did you re-run lilo?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Fakir, n: A psychologist whose charismatic data have inspired almost
religious devotion in his followers, even though the sources seem to
have shinnied up a rope and vanished.