On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:23:02 +0200
Ronald disseminated the following:

> > Well, we can dream, can't we?! LOL!
>
> yes we can :-)
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5209896.html

Well, I must say I'm used to contradictory, even pathologically, statements from
MS, but...

"Excluding pirated copies could aggravate the damage of worms and other virus
outbreaks, which ultimately harms legitimate Windows users, Goffe added.

However, the Redmond, Wash.-based software maker has since clarified that its
iron-clad stance towards piracy remains unchanged, and SP2 will be no exception.

"Press reports indicating Windows XP Service Pack 2 will install on pirated or
illegal copies of Windows XP are not entirely true," said Dominic Carr,
Microsoft Asia-Pacific's senior product manager for Windows.

"Prior to installing, SP2 will check the OS product ID (PID) against a list of
known pirated PIDs. If a PID is found to be invalid, SP2 will not install," Carr
told CNETAsia."

Soooooo, which is it Billy?

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
Kernel 2.4.22-21.tmb.1mdk Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586