Well, a few suggestions.  In KMail 3.2, your mail is no longer stored in
~/Mail/, but instead in ~/.Mail/ .  On starting the new KMail for the first
time, it looks to see if you have mail ~/Mail/, if so it copies them for you
into ~/.Mail/, if not it creates a new, empty ~/.Mail/ .  So what happened
with you is that when you first ran KMail without your old folder in place,
it created your new folder, then by adding your old folder, it gets all
confused (a bug, IMHO, you should report it).

Solution: Delete your ~/.Mail/ folder and run KMail, and your old mails should
be copied OK.  If you have e-mails in the new folder that you want to keep,
you will have to copy them over later individually.

John.